Tuesday 31 March 2020

From Adobe Lightroom to Capture One Pro

After much deliberation I've decided to switch from the subscription based Adobe Lighroom to Capture One Pro.
It wasn't a decision taken lightly, after over 10 years using Lightroom I knew it would be a steep learning curve to switch to a new photo editing software. My Lightroom catalogue was getting a too big so I was going to split it into seperate subject based catalogues and thought if I was going to do this maybe this would be the time to bite the bullet and switch over to Capture One Pro.
I downloaded the Capture One trial and used it for a couple of weeks and was amazed how I seemed to be able to get more information from my Raw files.......there was a 25% off Capture One Pro so it was time to make the switch.
I'm now in the process of creating my catalogues and processing some of my old files, this one below of Blea Tarn is one of my first attempts. The top image is the Raw unprocessed file and below is processed in Capture one Pro.
I'm still getting to grips with the new software but am liking what I'm seeing so far.


Blea Tarn - Raw unprocessed
Blea Tarn - processed in Capture One Pro



No comments:

Post a Comment