Friday 3 July 2020

Barn Owl with Olympus 40-150mm Pro lens


My latest photography project has been some local Barn Owls. This is the first ime I've tried the Olympus system for Barn Owls and decided my usual go-to wildlife lens the Panasonic 100-400mm wouldn't be fast enough for the low light Barn Owl shots so thought I'd try with the Olympus 40-150mm Pro lens.
Early in the evening I started with the Olympus MC-1.4x teleconverter fitted to the lens so taking the 40-150mm to 56-210mm F4 or a 112-420mm F4 full frame equivalent. As the evening grew darker I removed the teleconverter and relied on field craft to get a close enough to the Owl for acceptable shots. The settings I used were manual at F4 and 1/1000th sec with auto ISO up to 3200 with the teleconverter fitted and the same but at F2.8 without the teleconverter.
The EM1 MKII and 40-150mm Pro coped admirably with the gloomy condition, the autofocus locked on and kept focus and the the High Iso photos showed plenty of detail.

Barn Owl

No comments:

Post a Comment