Wednesday 15 July 2020

Silver Howe with the Olympus 12-100mm Pro lens

Recently my wife and I had our first post-lockdown stop-over in the lake district. Staying in Grasmere we decided to do a walk up Silver Howe, a short walk but hopefully with nice views.
Silver Howe is quite a steep ascent so I decided to travel light taking just my Olympus EM1 MKII and 12-100mm Pro lens which would give me a 24-200mm F4 full-frame equivalent. I wasn't worried about not taking a tripod because I knew the light would be good and the dual image stabiliser in the camera and lens would make it easy to handhold even at longer focal lengths.
I wasn't disappointed with the views it's definitely a walk we will be doing again this Autumn when the colours and light will make it a landscape photographers dream location.

Langdale pikes from Silver Howe
ISO 200, 1/320th sec, F7.1, 54mm

No comments:

Post a Comment